Our Mystic UV-Free Spray Tan is a personal one that is computer run. It is the only one in the Monadnock Region. The Mystic booth is designed to deliver a customized sunless tanning application to each customer based on their body size, skin type and desired color. There are three tanning level options available to produce the optimal tanning results for each individual customer.
Once the proper tanning level for a new customer has been determined they are shown a short instructional video (also available below) which is designed to walk them through the entire process step by step. This insures that each customer receives the exact same instructions on how to get the best results.
1 Session- $25.00 (session expires 1-year from date of purchase)
2 Sessions- $45.00 (sessions expires 1-year from date of purchase)
3 Sessions- $65.00 (sessions expires 1-year from date of purchase)
5 Sessions- $100.00 (sessions expires 1-year from date of purchase)
The Cocktail (UV plus UV-Free Session) - $35.00
(add $3.00 upcharge for use of Bronzer Bed)
How to prepare for your Spray Tan:
- Take a shower and exfoliate using an oil-free scrub along with an exfoliating mitt the day prior to your appointment (Please avoid the following oil-based soap products like Dove, Olay, and CeraVe before and after tanning). Please do not shower right before your appointment as the heat/steam will open your pores and can adversely affect the tan by not allowing total absorption of the tanning solution. If you must shower the day of your tan, be sure to do so with cool water only a minimum of 4 hours before your appointment.
- Avoid wearing make up, moisturizers, and deodorant to your appointment. This acts as a barrier to the spray and stops the color from developing properly.
- Wear dark colored, loose fitting clothing to your session.
- Wax and have a manicure and pedicure done BEFORE your treatment.
It is imperative to remove product buildup, body oils and dead skin cells in order to allow the DHA in the spray tan solution to react with the amino acids in your skin. The spray tan will not develop 100% if any barriers are on the skin.
How to maintain your Spray Tan:
- Do not shower or sweat for 4-6 hours following your appointment. Avoid chlorinated jacuzzis, saunas, and steam rooms. Rainy day? Make sure to wear a jacket with a hood, loose pants, an umbrella and shoes that cover your feet but aren’t tight.
-Your tan will continue to develop over the next 24 hours so please do not use any type of body wash or moisturizer until 24 hours. Using body products too soon can potentially change the outcome of your tan.
- Once the tan has fully developed (24 hours), you can begin using a body wash that does not contain sulfates (SLS or SLES), mineral oil or petroleum (avoid Dove, Dial, Olay, and CeraVe, etc.). This is important because using products that are not pH balanced could result in a lighter tan that does not last (acidic skin).